Swiss Laboratory for Doping Analyses
To be the Swiss laboratory at the service of clean sport.
- To be a centre of competence recognized worldwide by international anti-doping organizations for all our analytical services, which are delivered within expected delays and according to the requested high quality standards.
- To accomplish research projects related to the athlete biological passports and to the method development for the monitoring of athletes’ physiology.
- To develop education, expertise and continuous training within our areas of interest.
The direction is committed to ensuring good professional practices and quality of the analyses for the service to the partners, to comply with the prevailing international norms and standards and to improve continuously the effectiveness of the management system.
Our quality system is based on the criteria of:
- ISO/CEI 17025 standard,
- World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
The commitment of the whole laboratory is to evolve and to always ensure that the high quality of our services could be widely recognized at both Swiss and international levels.
In the framework of our accreditation, we share our knowledge and experience with other WADA-accredited anti-doping laboratories, and our experts regularly act as experts for supporting the international anti-doping organizations in their development and internal training.
- Training to international partners
- Anti-doping laboratories,
- Athlete Biological Passport Management Units (APMUs),
- National anti-doping organisations,
- International sport federations.
The LAD staff actively participates to the working groups and training provided by WADA, as well as to the drafting processes of international rules. We also attend conferences organized by scientific societies.
Our areas of expertise
Since 1990, our endeavours are related to the research, the identification and quantification of prohibited substances. The matrices of interest are mainly urine and blood, although the analysis of pharmaceutical products is occasionally requested in the framework of forensic investigations and for case management. We are also available to support our partners and to offer our expertise in legal affairs related to anti-doping domain.
The LAD conducts research activities to develop, implement and validate analysis methods, which are aimed at improving the fight against doping.
- Improvement of the athlete biological passport
- Analyses by GC-MSn and LC-MSn
- Forensic analyses
- Gene doping